The Henry and Emma Rogers Society
The Henry and Emma Rogers Society honors and recognizes alumni and friends who have included Northwestern University in their estate plans. Whether it is through a charitable bequest, gift annuity, insurance policy, or other form of planned gift, members of the Rogers Society have created a lasting legacy of support for students, faculty, research, and programs. Your planned gift creates tremendous opportunities for the University and allows Northwestern to transform the lives of future generations.
Northwestern University established the Rogers Society in 1987 in honor and memory of Henry and Emma Rogers. Former University President Henry Wade Rogers was a visionary leader who was instrumental in transforming Northwestern from a small cluster of colleges into a major, nationally-recognized university. His wife, Emma Winner Rogers, was the founder of the Northwestern University Settlement Association and a recognized leader in the suffrage movement. Like Henry and Emma Rogers, our planned giving donors have a vision for the University’s greatness and have decided to invest in its future.
- Members of the Rogers Society receive certain benefits, which include:
- Certificate of Membership
- Commemorative Rogers Society Pin
- Newsletter that includes the touching stories of donors like you and timely information
- that will assist you in managing your financial and estate plans
- Invitations to participate in various University-wide events, including an annual event that is dedicated exclusively to members of the Rogers Society
- The honor of belonging to a distinguished community of Northwestern philanthropists
MEMBERSHIP IN THE ROGERS SOCIETY
We are pleased to invite you to join this unique society. Membership is extended to individuals who make a commitment to the University by including Northwestern in their estate plans; creating a charitable life-income arrangement to benefit the University, such as a gift annuity or charitable trust; or by naming Northwestern as a beneficiary of retirement assets or life insurance.
If you are considering any one of the commitments described above, we encourage you to contact the Office of Gift Planning to discuss your ideas with a member of our Gift Planning team.
And, if you have already included Northwestern in your estate plans, we would be happy to discuss your commitment further. Most importantly, we would appreciate the opportunity to thank you and recognize your generosity. Please contact us at the Office of Gift Planning. We look forward to hearing from you!